Monday, April 23, 2007

Suspicious Minds.

The friends of the cottage didn’t give much away. They said it was to protect me from taking sides: if the cottage occupants accept me as a go-between then it would be best if I remain neutral. This extends to not telling me the facts – which I thought would be pretty much objective. Their reason for this was as an act of faith towards the others – putting the decision to tell me in their hands.

I’m spending the night with the would-be vampires again tonight, and have been left alone in Geoff’s. I won’t be sleeping as easily as normal though. I have to remind myself of what these people want to be – not to get used to their nihilism as though it’s just another part of magic. When I came in to the house they were talking in the kitchen, waiting to go and meet the blonde. I heard Maria say to the others that “He doesn’t know that it’s real.”
“Shouldn’t we tell him?”
“It doesn’t matter. We have one chance only.”

And then Geoff made my presence obvious. I’ve told Sebastian about the ritual so that he believes he is in my debt, and then vulnerable to whatever the group want me to do. The ritual isn’t supposed to be real.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home